Re: A Strange Networking Setup

> I am currently running a Linksys WRT54G server with the factory
> firmware. I have set it up to use wireless. I have purposefully not
> encrypted or protected the WAP because i want others to be able to use
> it if they want to (doing my part for society and all that). I do,
> however, look at the DHCP client logs and almost all the time, I see
> some computer called ussvoyager, which is not mine.

You have expected it, don't you?

> I would like to be able to see what this computer is sending (just in
> case).

Why?

> The problem is that I want something better
> than what comes on the router in terms of port sniffing. Ideally, I
> would love for the router to redirect all traffic to my Debian server
> (Etch), so that I can analyze it using Wireshark. What would be the
> best way of going about doing this?

Ask the man. He lives somewhere around.
Those routers have logs. Configure it
and take a look into it, if you really
want.
For the sake of truth (kh-kh), you would
need man-in-the-middle. Depending of
version of your linksys, you could install
open system. wrt54gl is linux based and
much better in this meaning.
But, you could find ip address of this box.
Why you need to interact with router?
You are both on the same subnet, local
addresses. Ussvoyager is all yours, if you
know what to do.

                    Zoran