Re: Window managers-which one?

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 11/01/06 03:18, George Borisov wrote:
Ron Johnson wrote:
Get off my lawn, you young whippersnappers!
Oh, stop being such a grumpy old man. :-p

"*Window* manager" != "*display* manager".
Yeah I know, but both have to be... SHINY!!! :-D

Bah humbug!!!

In a multi-seat Debian system where there are several videocards/xservers/monitors/keyboards/mice, all of which is now possible in Etch/Sid with just xorg.conf gdm is a must. It shows the logon screen on each monitor and the user just logs on.

The startx alternative would be excruciatingly difficult: first going over to the monitor with VT's, logging on as user, giving the right startx command, walking over to the monitor you have chosen, and you leave your vt dangling.