Re: xterm, mutt, emacs -nw, and utf-8

On 2006-11-01 02:53:28 +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> See http://www.vinc17.org/mutt/ (there's a section on Emacs for Mutt).

Thanks. There was some information that provided a major step forward.
Emacs started in -nw mode now understands my keyboard.

New messages now works nicely it seems. But replying to old messages
with possibly different encodings seems to mess things up a bit. In
some cases emacs does not start with the correct encoding, and seems
to refuse to change.

And on a sarge box with no X11 whatsoever, but en_US.utf-8 as default
and no user preferences, a ssh login does not provide acceptence for
åäö in bash :( (which it did before in latin-1)

> > BTW, is it really necessary to use the package mutt-utf8 to get
> > support for utf-8? It seems to work and the characters show up nicely
> > in normal mutt. I think it my(?) configuration of emacs in a terminal
> > window that is the root cause of these problem.

I checked this out myself, the current mutt package provides as well as
replaces mutt-utf8.

Anders

éÉ€ł®©