Re: [OT] Win2k blocks ports to my ISP's pop3 & smtp
- My Linux is able to telnet to my ISP's pop3 & smtp respective ports
- My Win2k (fired under WMWare) is not able to telnet to my ISP's pop3 &
smtp respective ports, though it can ping them without problem. And web
browsing is fine.
- This seems not be the WMWare's problem, because my new grml0.8 launched
within WMWare can telnet to my ISP's pop3 & smtp respective ports without
- I've done some homework about Win2k ports blocking, and have verified
that my TCP/IP filtering & IPSec is not used.
- The Win2k is out-of-box vanilla SP4, with bare minimum configuration, no
firewall or anti-virus SW.
I think you should ask the ISP customer support for help