[OT] Win2k blocks ports to my ISP's pop3 & smtp
Please don't flame for this waaa~y OT question -- I'm still trying to
solve my smarthost problem and was forced to use M$ outlook, I suspect is
it my ISP's problem but have to prove it, anyway, long story short:
- My Linux is able to telnet to my ISP's pop3 & smtp respective ports
- My Win2k (fired under WMWare) is not able to telnet to my ISP's pop3 &
smtp respective ports, though it can ping them without problem. And web
browsing is fine.
- This seems not be the WMWare's problem, because my new grml0.8 launched
within WMWare can telnet to my ISP's pop3 & smtp respective ports without
- I've done some homework about Win2k ports blocking, and have verified
that my TCP/IP filtering & IPSec is not used.
- The Win2k is out-of-box vanilla SP4, with bare minimum configuration, no
firewall or anti-virus SW.
It has been so long that I'm not using Windoze, I don't have a clue where
to look for potential problems now, and where to go for help.
If you could give me any hints, it'd be very much appreciated.
thanks a lot
PS. plz don't flame this poor guy in this terrible situation.