From: Florian Kulzer [mailto:florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl]
Sent: Sunday, June 04, 2006 12:16 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: Robert J. A. Fernandes.
Subject: Re: Problem with Video Card Drivers

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 11:18:58 +0300, Robert J. A. Fernandes. wrote:

[...]

> Well if you can tell me how to install tar.gz files on Debian. Because
> want to install display card drivers for intel 915G as before I
selected
> VESA in installation.
>
> Please reply me. Till I have unzipped Intel-3.4.3006-20051209.i386.tar
> this file then unzipped it to 1 folder on desktop. So what's the next
> now...>????

The driver for the Intel 915G is already included in Debian. It is
called "i810". If you use Debian stable (Sarge) you can run (as root)

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

If you use testing (Etch) or unstable (Sid) the command is

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg

This will give you the same dialog as during installation. It should
allow you to select the "i810" driver and your desired screen
resolution(s). (There might be some more questions; just accept the
default when you are in doubt about the right answer.)

If you have any more questions, please use debian-user@lists.debian.org.
(You can "reply-to-all" to this message and remove all other email
addresses.) You can subscribe to this mailing list to follow the
discussion (http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/) or you can ask people
to send a copy of their comments to your own email address. (Since I do
not know if you are subscribed I am cc'ing you now.)

--
Regards,
          Florian