Re: How to compare the output of two commands?

Thank you very much guys.

This command:

comm <(command1) <(command2)

is what I was looking for. I have tried this myself by using command substitution, but without succes. I now see I had to apply process substitution.

I am probably going to try out Linux From Scratch once. I like the power of all these command line tools, but it there is a lot to learn about them though. I think LFS will be a nice way to learn more about them (and Linux).

Regards,

Ben

2006/4/17, Alvin Oga <aoga@mail.linux-consulting.com>:

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, John O'Hagan wrote:

>  comm <(command1) <(command2)

or kdiff x y

c ya
alvin