Re: copying a 12GB file

Michael Gregg wrote:

After a lot of investigation it turned out to be a interaction problem
between a very large and old cisco switch and a router(aslo cisco).

Thanks for the info!

Both machines are connected to a new 24 Port 10/100/1000 Switch, so that shouldn't give problems --- actually all 24 ports are in use and the switch works fine. We got several of these, and all of them work fine.

The network cards may have issues, but I experienced similar problems at home with 3com 100Mbit cards and others.

Since everything else works fine, it must have something to do with NFS itselfe.

GH