Re: copying a 12GB file

I've had this same problems here with a machine that's on a segmented
network here. Where I would get these I/O Errors when I use nfs in async
mode.

After a lot of investigation it turned out to be a interaction problem
between a very large and old cisco switch and a router(aslo cisco).

It turned out that my cisco switch was doing all sorts of things that
either it shouldn't have been or, didn't need to do.

To test to see if this is a problem in your case, try plugging a cable
directly between your two machines(x-over of course). Then try a async
transfer.

If that still fails, try getting better gig-e cards. I recommend the
intel built gig-e cards.

Good luck,

Michael Gregg

"Get 99% spam blocking without tuning, or it's FREE. http://www.abaca.com";