Re: ready to use debian or ubuntu laptop reccomendations?

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006 23:47:59 -0800
Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Saturday 04 March 2006 22:29, Star King of the Grape Trees wrote:
> > steef wrote:
> >
> > <SNIP>
> > NOTE: Servers != Desktop.  I have not seen _any_ reference to a dell
> > _desktop_ computer comming preinstalled with linux, but i have seen
> > references on dell for *SERVERS* with linux.
>
> Either way, they still do not offer it, despite indications on their
> website to the contrary.

This is an couple-weeks-old thread, but just to clarify -- Dell has in
the past sold servers with Linux installed through their website.  I know
this because a year ago I bought several from them for a small business
I was doing some work for.  I bought them through their website, I
chose RHEL as the OS through a customization page, they came with RHEL
installed and with the RHEL disks/material accompanying, and there were
no problems whatsoever.

That said, those customization options no longer seem available on the
relevant purchase pages.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)