Re: copying a 12GB file

Mike McCarty wrote:

Is splitting the file up into pieces, and doing MD5 and SHA1 sums
on the pieces out of the question?

Well, I thought of that, but I would have had to use pieces smaller
than 2 GB. The way to split it would have been using something like
mimeconstruct and send it by mail, limiting the mailsize to 800 MB,
which would have been file-pieces of about 500 MB. That would have made
for like 14 pieces and 20 GB in my inbox which in turn would have
had to be extracted to recreate the file.

For some reason, I didn't really want to do that ... ;)

And what's wrong with FTP?

Only later I got the idea to install the FTP server on the workstation
rather than on the server. I didn't want to touch the server.

It proves to be very useful since I now can access my workstation
from any server with great ease --- way to go :)

GH