Re: sata/scsi confusion at boot

On Friday 03 March 2006 22:20, Andrew Cady wrote:

> How grub names and finds drives is completely unrelated to how linux
> does it.  If your problem is with grub's behavior, then /dev/sd? and
> udev are definitely not involved.

Good to know I was looking at the wrong thing.

In menu.lst, root is hd0,0, so grub finds the boot partition, and all is well.
By the time it gets to the line saying the kernel in in /dev/hda1, hda is not
the SCSI drive. Why? Is there a way to deal with this? How did you find how
this is all working (I can't find documentation)?

--
Glenn English
ghe@slsware.com