Re: Dual boot comoputer

Quoting cody chamberlain <cham0169@d.umn.edu>:

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 11:04 -0700, nano@xmission.com wrote:
Hi to all,
I had a dual boot computer, Debian and Windows XP. The motherboard in the
computer failed, the motherboard was replaced( I wasn't present when the mb
was replaced) since then I can not acces debian.

what exactly is meant that you cannot access debian? is grub/lilo still
available?
No, lilo is not available, the computer boots into windows. I can see the
partitions by using knoppix and partition magic (one hard drive with two
partitions)
are you able to boot into your windows xp? at what point are
you not able to boot debian?
Yes, I can boot into windows. The menu option to choose windows or debian is
gone. How can I restore the options to choose windows or debian?

thanks again

Fernando

 Can someone tell me how to
fix this?