Re: Debian 3.1 installation not detecting my hard drives =(

Yu,Glen [Ontario] wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply Jorge, but I've already tried that ISO before and it's for the 3.0 Woody version of Debian.  However, I'm looking to install Sarge.  However, it did say on the site that it would work for Sarge as well, but I don't see how that would work.  Would I have to install Woody entirely, then upgrade to Sarge while preserving the kernel? Or is there an even better way than that?

Thanks

Glen

I thought you said in your first post that you tried installing 3.1; if you are really working with Woody images I strongly recommend using Sarge instead (the installer is much better) there is choice between installing with linux 2.4 or linux 2.6 (Woody does 2.2 or 2.4)

You can find CD images here: http://www.debian.org/CD/
You can find additional installation info here: http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/

HTH,

Joris