Re: Dual boot comoputer

On Fri,  3 Mar 2006 11:04:23 -0700
nano@xmission.com wrote:

> Hi to all,
> I had a dual boot computer, Debian and Windows XP. The motherboard in the
> computer failed, the motherboard was replaced( I wasn't present when the mb
> was replaced) since then I can not acces debian. Can someone tell me how to
> fix this? and have again the dual boot computer?

you need to supply a lot more information than this. For example, what bootloader is it using and does it boot up that bootloader? Can you boot a livecd like knoppix and see all the hard-drives? If you weren't there, how do you know someone didn't wipe debian altogether? How was the dual-boot set-up? seperate partitions on one drive or multiple drives with different OS'es? How was the choice of boot selected before? using the bios to select different boot drives? or a bootloader like lilo or grub?