Re: ready to use debian or ubuntu laptop reccomendations?

On Friday 03 March 2006 05:58, Michael M. wrote:
> Dell sells Linux workstations to businesses, they don't sell Linux
> desktops to average joes.

They most certainly do not.  I was trying to order for the company I work for.
They just don't sell or support Linux.  It's just false advertising and
trademark infringement *at BEST*.  They do not sell or support Linux under
any circumstance.

> The typical Dell customer doesn't want to know about apt-get
> this or dpkg that or Sarge, Etch, multiverse, universe, etc.

Still far less than you have to worry about with Windows by any measure.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber