Re: packages as per sources

On 3/2/06, Chris Bannister <mockingbird@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 07:10:02AM -0800, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> > May be I was not clear. I wanted to packages installed say from nerim
> > source. How to get it?
I would like clarify that I would like to get a list of packages
installed from particular source. This I felt as necessary when we do
dpkg --get-selections and store the result to install again or install
in other machine with new sources list.
I also wanted to get list of packages available from a source. As I
use apt, I wanted to use apt-cache as aptitude could not find as
suggested by Mr.Florian Ernst
--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/