Re: Recommended Firewalls

You can try Shorewall, that's console based and if you've setup webmin you
can also manage it using a webinterface.

If you are more in to colors you can have fwbuilder... It's a gui based
firewall configurator that compiles shellscripts that  setup iptables.
Nice thing about fwbuilder is that you manage multiple fw's remotely, even
from windows machines. Using ssh it copies over the script and applies it
to a firewall. The interface is very checkpoint like.

All these are iptables based... Check it out@

http://www.shorewall.net
http://www.webmin.com (this has it's own iptables mangler also!)
http://www.fwbuilder.org

If you need something that gives you most control on the console on the
actual firewall in case of an emergency i would go for shorewall as
everything is local. But i mainly use fwbuilder, if i get in trouble i
just iptables --flush or have a vanilla fw script (made with fwbuilder)
ready.

Regards,

Bart