Re: packages as per sources

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 07:10:02AM -0800, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> May be I was not clear. I wanted to packages installed say from nerim
> source. How to get it?

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main

# TeTeX-3.0
deb http://people.debian.org/~frank/teTeX-3.0 sarge main

I got those from debian-user, and the tetex package list, I don't know
of any source that lists all possible sources.

> Further how to know what packages available from a source say nerim.
> How to go about?

Once you have "deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ sarge main" in
your /etc/apt/sources.list just do:

  apt-get update

then you can use tools like apt-cache to search for appropriate
packages. You could browse the Packages.gz file to see the individual
packages.

--
Chris.
======