Re: PCI to PCMCIA card

On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 09:47:41PM -0600, David Berg wrote:
> Does anyone have any experiences with a PCI to PCMCIA card?  I've used

I got some quite inexpensively off e-bay some time ago and they work
just fine with 16 and 32 bit pcmcia.  I got them precisely for wireless
networking but other cards (wired ethernet, modems) also worked fine.
They are lucent technologies 016283 (sticker on the back of the card)
and apparently they came with the lucent wireless cards.

> Ricoh based ISA cards but if I remember right had trouble with PCI
> versions.  This was 4 years ago though.  Some minor configuration
> isn't a problem though being able to plug it in and add drivers for
> the wireless card would be superb.  I'm running on an Asus A7A266
> which uses an ALi M1536D+ PCI chipset.

The main thing is that the pcmcia controller is recognized by linux.
There seem to be a few varieties, but sarge has had no problem
recognizing this card, which has a TI chip.

> Thanks for the suggestions.

A.