Re: FAQ on debian newcomer list

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 00:49 -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
> I would appreciate any feedback/corrections/suggestions etc., (however
> trivial you think they are) on the following FAQ on debian-user. The
> final corrected version will be uploaded to
> http://people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/du-guidelines.html . I am posting
> the initial version for your kind consideration.

I'm a little late on this, but ...

Point 8: 'Keep the posts on the list' could possibly note some
exceptions to this rule. Knowing the author personally is one, though
not necessarily relevant; the reply could still be relevant to the list.
Another that springs to mind is leaving the topic, for example enquiring
about something mentioned in passing, perhaps even in the poster's .sig,
which may be totally unrelated to debian, let alone the thread.

Having mentioned the examples will also provide some answers to the FAQ
at the bottom about Reply-To: being set - if it is munged, the post
can't easily be replied to off-list, and having private posts go to the
list is worse than having public ones go off it.

Richard