Re: firefox very slow since start of Feb

j-debian_lists@rabid-hamster.com wrote:

Firefox has a serious memory leak issue, esspecially if you open more the one tab. Make sure that your hard disk is not thrashing due to swap usage. I have to restart firefox every few hours due to this problem to cleanup memory.
It's not a leak. It's a /feature/. ;)
http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/02/14/2154224
That talks about Firefox v1.5, but the problem has been around at least since v1.0.4, which I am still using), besides, the cache only makes it faster until such time as you start swapping out the cache.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com