Re: Installing DVD-drive (ATAPI) -- replaces cdrom drive / Help needed.

Søren Christensen(severino@ulvedalen.dk) is reported to have said:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 02:49:27PM +0100, Søren Christensen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have just installed a DVD-burner. It replaces a cdrom-drive. It works,
> > I can mount a cdrom as I could before, and I have copied a DVD (movie)
> > with k3b.
> >
> > When I look in /dev/ I do not see any dvd-devices. What shall I do to
> > acces this drive as a DVD-rom, and be able to burn DVDs
> >
> > /severino
> >

> Perhaps it's not that polite asking again, I know you're all busy, like
> I am.
>
> Where can I find a Howto on installation of a DVD-RW-drive?
>
> When booting it is recognized as drive hdc as a CD/DVD-rom. Can i manually create
> device-files in /dev/ and sym-links to /media/ -- or what is the process
> to make part of my system.
>
> I can mount a DVD-movie, but xine wont play it.

see the howto's
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/DVD-Playback-HOWTO.gz
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/CDROM-HOWTO.gz
/usr/share/doc/HOWTO/en-txt/CD-Writing-HOWTO.gz
                     ^^^^^  other languages also

All part of the doc-linux-text package.

Wayne

--