Re: Need help recovering Debian that won't boot.

kenn wrote:

I did this, and I could see my mounted drive ... but if i tried to ls, i
got mostly garbage, so i've probably done something ELSE wrong.

I went back to the knoppix boot to see if I had further destroyed
anything, but fortunately, everything there still looks the same, so at
least I don't appear to have caused any further damage ...

I realize, of course, that I'm into way over my head ... if I can't find
some way to copy these files soon, I'm going to have to surrender and
send it out to a data recovery company (as much as I hate to do that).
See if you've got a Linux User's Group in the area; or maybe post your general location here; maybe one of us is close enough to drop in and take a look-see.

--
Kent