how to configure adsl modem (sagem 800)

Hi everybody
my friend wnats to switch from window$ to linux and
use the adsl connexion (modem  SAGEM 800). His has of
cource a login and a passwd.
When we  switch to linux ( debian) and install the
product, it gives  a list of ISP with VPI and VCI (
what are ??), and asked to choose one of them,  like
this

AT01 : Austria      ????                     01  20
06  PPPoA VC
BE01 : Belgique     Belgacom, Tiscali.be     08  23
06  PPPoA VC
BR01 : Brasil       Speedy/Telefonica        08  23
01  PPPoE LLC
BR02 : Brasil       Velox/Telemar            00  21
01  PPPoE LLC
BR03 : Brasil       Turbo/Brasil Telecom     00  23
01  PPPoE LLC
BR04 : Brasil       Rio Grande do Sul (RS)   01  20
01  PPPoE LLC

but my country ( algeria) doesn't exit in the list ??
These questions are not asked in windows
installation!!!

thank you for help
best regards
bela