Re: ready to use debian or ubuntu laptop reccomendations?

Star King of the Grape Trees wrote:

Andrew Cady wrote:

<snip>

(If you're thinking that just because Dell can't switch to Linux they
have no power, consider that they *could* start shipping PCs with
Firefox, or servers optionally with Linux, or PCs without OSes).

I am very certain that Dell does sell servers that optionally have Linux,

<snip>

Absolutely. We buy 1750s at work by the hundred, supplied without any MS products. Not sure if they're actually preloaded with Redhat, but Redhat is supplied along with linux-specific utilities and documentation from Dell.