Re: printing problem

Þann 2006-03-01, 12:54:20 (-0500) skrifaði Kevin B. McCarty:
> Olafur Jens Sigurdsson wrote:
>
> > �ann 2006-02-13, 13:07:46 (+0000) skrifaði Olafur Jens Sigurdsson:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I have a problem printing to a network printer here at school.
> >>
> >> The spool that the school provides is no good so I am trying to create
> >> my own on my computer and talk directly to the printer (then I allso
> >> have better control over my printing, I like that more).
>
> > Hi again, after trying a few stuff out I think that when I try to
> > print using lp -dojs (or lpr -Pojs, where ojs is the name of the
> > printer queue I set up for the printer) then that program tries to
> > contact the server of the school, and not my local cups server where
> > of couse there is no ojs spool. How do I tell lp (or lpr) to use the
> > localhost cups server and not the one that the school provides?
>
> Have you tried changing the setting of ServerName in the file
> /etc/cups/client.conf (and then running "/etc/init.d/cupsys restart") ?
>
> /usr/bin/lpr is the version of lpr in the cupsys-bsd package, right?
> (Run "dpkg -S /usr/bin/lpr" to check)

Kevin you master!

Thank you a billion times, now it works like a charme!

I had looked throug the cupsd.conf file a few times but by some reason
I overlooked the client.conf file :-)

But then I have the question why on earth did it choose my school CUPS
deamon instead of the localhost to put as a default server? Should I
file this as a bug?

Oli