Re: copying a 12GB file

. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how can I copy a 12GB file at reasonable speed over a 1000Mbit ethernet
> connection from one computer (mailserver) to another (SAMBA file server
> or my workstation) without going to lengths like installing an FTP
> server or the like on the mailserver?
>
> File size limit is 2GB with smbmount; NFS will take about 14 hours(!)
> because copying fails after about 1--2 GB with an I/O error unless using
> sync mode.
>
> This sucks ...
>

> GH
You could rsync it. I frequently copy files of size from my Linux based
satellite receiver to by debian sid server, using rsync in a crontab file
(in the middle of the night) It'll take +-6 hours for a file like that via
a 54MBit wireless connection with a far from optimum reception quality.
With a Gbit connection it should really fly.

Best regards
Jan
--
** Do not use the reply-to address. It'll end up in the trash can
** Mail me at: janATschledermann.or"REMOVE_THIS"g