about ip adress

    Dear friend  on   servera apache and mysql works
then I setup up a mysql server  on  diferent machine
(serverb) and test it, everything is ok with  serverb.
there are two ethernet cards on server a but one(eth0)
was active this gat real ip. and I want to give eth1
virtial ip for example 10.0.0.10 netmask 255.255.255.0
therefor ý wrote in
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1 this comand
:

DEVICE=eth1
# BOOTPROTO=dhcp
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=1.2.3.4
NETMASK=255.255.255.128

but this time non I can ping from servera to serverb
nor anybody can reach servera from internet. then I
changed /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1  to
old time then it is reacheble from internet. But how
can I give ip to servera eth1. please help me.