Re: question about my .muttrc and mutt

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 05:35:53PM -0700, Paul E Condon wrote:
> Thanks for the help. I had not known of these, but ...  On my computer
> the two installation Muttrc files are identical (no differences
> discovered by diff) and there is no Muttrc.d directory in either
> installation.  I can see in /usr/lib/mutt evidence that Muttrd.d is a
> legitimate part of some installations of mutt (a script that
> references it), but its not there for me.  I didn't see any config
> information in /usr/lib/mutt (not surprising, there shouldn't be any
> according to policy) The different behavior remains a puzzle.

I have no site-specific stuff, so I have no Muttrc.d either.  It was
just an opportunity for differences.

Is your login name the same on both systems?

If you want to check the actual installation for diffs:

for f in `dpkg -L mutt`; do if [ -f "$f" ]; then md5sum "$f"; fi; done > muttmd5

Transfer muttmd5 to the second machine.

md5sum -c muttmd5
--
Rob