Re: Need help recovering Debian that won't boot.

kenn wrote:
> Kent West wrote:
>> kenn wrote:

>> Try mounting the partitions -- "mount -a". You may need to remount / in
>> rw mode if you need to make changes to the file system; let's see if I
>> can remember:
>>    mount -o remount,rw /
>> should do it.

maybe it's time to give up and move on, rather than further waste
anyone's time ... but before I do, let me ask one more thing:  since the
 drive seems to be okay (I can see all the files when booting from
Knoppix), would it be possible to move the drive to a different computer
and read those critical files from there?  Is there a howto that would
help me do that?

Otherwise, my Rogaine bill is gonna be out of sight :-)

thanks to all.