Re: X doesn't start

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 11:50 +0200, Anakreon Mendis wrote:
> The X server fails to start.
> Yesturday it worked fine.

did you do an upgrade recently? even if you do an upgrade that doesnt
kick X. you will still be running the previous version of X until X
restarts.

> I can't figure out how to fix the problem.

what does /var/log/X[Free86|org]/*.0.log have to say. use 'less' and
search for 'EE'. if you cant find any errors that are meaningful, then
what does the last 20 lines of the log file say?

> >From the log file I found this message:
> Could not init font path element unix/:7100, removing from list!
> FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc" refcount is 2, should be 1; fixing.

this doesnt look fatal to me.

-matt zagrabelny