Re: what package contains the man page of "opendir, readdir, etc"?

Hehe, seems we have a little bit misunderstanding here...
Actually I am trying to find some platform dependent develop information.
And the package manpage-dev is quite the solution.

still thanks for you patients and kindness. :>>>>>

Deephay

On 3/1/06, Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> wrote:
On (01/03/06 15:23), Deephay wrote:
>   My question is as the title. thx!

It sounds as though the man pages aren't going to get you started as
well as a tutorial of some sort.  Possibilities are Rute User's Tutorial
and Exposition or for a reference on commands: Linux desk reference.

# aptitude install rutebook

will give you the former ; the Linux Cook Book is also installable (or
was)

Info on the desk reference:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0130163910/104-3113904-2747907?v=glance&n=283155

to change to a directory:

$ cd /etc

will take you to the directory where all the system configuration files
are kept.

$ ls -l will show you a list of contents

see man cd and man ls

Regards

Clive

--