Re: GNU Hurd

debian wrote:

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 02:25:45PM +0000, John Halton wrote:

GNU/Hurd.

As Hurd is an official part of the GNU project, it's not GNU/Hurd, but GNU.
I mean, if I use Windows with Linux (the kernel) it should be Windows/Linux. But if I use just Windows it's just windows, not "Windows/The windows kernel" or "Windows/kernel32.dll".

There is a lot of work to do before we can make a release."

But, what are its advantages of it over the Debian we know now and
love so well ?

Joe

--
Gabriel Parrondo
Linux User #404138

"In theory there's no difference between the theory and the practice. In the practice There is."