Re: X.org resolution default selection

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 22:04:21 -0800
Joel Johnson <joel48@ischool.washington.edu> wrote:

> Any other suggestions as to how I can accomplish this? Again, I'd like
> 1400x1050 for normal desktop use, but be able to switch (via XRANDR) to lower
> *and higher* resolutions. The only other thought I have it to place the
> xrandr -s HxV command in an X initialization script, but that seems like a
> very hackish way to do it.

I'm not sure if it has made it out of unstable, but there is a
gnome-randr-applet package providing a Gnome panel applet for this,
assuming you use Gnome as your desktop or if not you start gnome-panel
as part of your X session.

In my configuration I am using fluxbox with all the toolbar stuff
commented out in the fluxbox init file and this in my .xsession file:

# Begin .xsession

gnome-settings-daemon &
gnome-panel &
skippy &