Re: kernel 2.6 didn't recognize the CDROM, while 2.4 did

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 14:03 -0300, Victor Munoz wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 08:30:06AM -0800, belahcene abdelkader wrote:
> >
> > I downloaded the last CD debian testing Disk 1 (janv
> > 30), the installation began correctly from the CD ( so
> > it is detected ide cdrom  well known type) after a
> > while, it gave an error : no cdrom detected , !!!
> > So I went to the other screen ( ctrl+F2), there is
> > neither  /dev/hd*, nor /dev/cdrom....,
> >
> > With kernel 2.4, the cdrom is detected, and
> > installation was doing OK.
> >
> > The Hard disk is SATA, ( ACER PC Pentium 4) detected
> > as sda by kernel 2.6 and hda by kernel 2.4.
> >

> There's a workaround in

> Victor

Thank you very much, I've been searching for a fix for this problem as
well
Cheers
|                                      | Glyn Tebbutt |
| Mail: d3c3it@plasticmongoose.com                    |
| WWW: www.plasitcmongoose.com                        |
| MSN: d3c3it@hotmail.com                             |
| GPG: www.plasticmongoose.com/d3c3it/misc/d3c3it.asc |