Re: cdc_acm

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 11:44:38PM +0000, Michael Ott wrote:
> Hello A. F.!
>
> > > I want to connect to my new mobile phone (Motorola V635) using cdc_acm.
> > > I can see the memory in the mobile, but there will not create an device
> > > to the modem.
> >
> > And I want to connect my Motorola E815...  Different messages/logs but
> > similar problems.  Hopefully between us we can get something working...
> I tested it without the memory card inside and it create the ttyACM*
> device file.
>
> Not nice. Maybe it is a bug but I do not know which package is wrong
>
> But moto4lin will not work. I test it know with bluetooth. If you will
> have new informations let me know. Also I will do it

Since my original message, I have installed moto4lin (0.3, the latest
release) from source.  Not easy because of the many dependencies and
it didn't see the phone at all.  I also installed bitpim (I used alien
to convert the rpm to deb): same result.

It seems to me that all these packages have to use the low level
devices generated by either cdc_acm or usb-storage, right?  So if these
are not working properly, there's no hope.

A.