dist-upgrade wants to remove postfix, install exim

Hi!

On one of my Sarge boxes, when I try an aptitude dist-upgrade, it wants
 to remove postfix and install exim instead. Now I don't have anything
 against exim in particular, I just don't want it on my box ;)

The following packages will be automatically REMOVED:
  postfix
  exim4 exim4-base exim4-config exim4-daemon-light
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  postfix

I already tried setting postfix on hold via dpkg --set-selections, but
 to no avail.

This box was installed when Sarge was still Testing, and always
 upgraded with only "Sarge" lines in sources.list. postfix is 2.1.5-9,
 which AFAICT is the current stable version.

Any hints (other than backing up postfix' config, letting exim on and
 then reinstalling postfix)?

cheers+TIA,
&rw
--
-- No matter how often they told customers that, a sufficient
-- percentage would ALWAYS be susceptible to the fraudsters'