Re: Apt Gone Mad?-Or Is It Me?-Expert Help Needed

On Saturday 04 February 2006 01:26, Debian User Leonard Chatagnier
wrote:
>On Thursday 02 February 2006 10:05, Debian User Leonard Chatagnier
>wrote:
>[...]
>
>>Ok, I think I understand; the gcc-4.0 compiler is
>>responsible for the
>>difference. Must have missed the warning documentation
>>on this.  I recently
>>had to revise the Linuxant Makefile for their tar.gz
>>driver package to get it to use gcc-4.0 and get
>>my winmodem to work with 2.6.15.
>
>On the lkml, its generally considered that gcc-4.0 is broken, and that
>so far gcc-4.0.2 seems to be working with the right Makefile fixes.
>
>YMMV of course.
>
>--
>Cheers, Gene
>
>Thanks, Gene
>I'm using gcc/testing uptodate 4:4.0.2-2. so it's good to know I'm ok
>And the modem is working OK. My main issues envolve not being able to
>install or upgrae some programs due to dependency issues as per the
>original post in Jan., pp 8. I was blocked from posting to users by
> the new spamassassin and it's good to see I getting thru now.
> Spamassassin doesn't like SBC Yahoo Dial among other things(see my
> post below for details).
>
>Leonard Chatagnier

Well, the nice thing about SA is that it can be trained.  But you're
right in a sense, SBC has been quite a source of spam over the last 2-3
years.  I don't know as we could single them out of the crowd today
though.  Too much other competition.  What I can't seem to train SA
about though, is the arabic fonts, they pretty much fall right through.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: