Re: seamonkey1.0

Simo Kauppi wrote:
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:14:32AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Rick Pasotto wrote:
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 06:27:34AM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Simo Kauppi wrote:
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 05:01:17PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Compiled and tried that.

Had a question about this new item:

Autoscroll support - middle clicking an empty part of a page allows
for scrolling by moving the mouse (bug 304563)

If it means clicking button2 on an empty part of a page and moving
the mouse to scroll, it doesn't work.

Do you have to keep button2 depressed?

Anybody tried this, it's in "What's new".

Hi,

I haven't used Mozilla, but Firefox has had it for a long time. So it
might be new for the application suite.

Anyway, in Firefox it works with the middle click. So if you have a
two button mouse, you need to have the Emulate3Buttons and click both
buttons to simulate a middle click.

HTH, Simo
Thanks, Simo!

Funny deal: that does *not* work in Seamonkey 1.0. But it *does* work
in TBird 1.5 where I read your note. I have a 5 button mouse with 2
wheels and indeed clicking the middle button shows a little icon and
then moving the mouse moves the page.

May be a good reson to try Firefox instead of Mozilla or Seamonkey!
Have you looked at Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Mouse Wheel in Seamonkey?

I did. But that does not say anything over enabling/disabling this middle button behavior.

Neither does Seamonkey honor the "home" and "end" shortcuts in a page.

Back to mozilla1.7.12!

Hi,

In Firefox it is in
Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Browsing -> Use autoscrolling

If I have that checked, autoscrolling works.

You can also try checking the about:config, i.e. point your browser to
about:config and write 'autoscroll' into the filter field. In Firefox it
is general.autoScroll. Double-click it, if it is not true.

Simo

Found out something else interesting:

autoscroll works in TBird 1.5, *but* at the expense of copy/paste of gpm in vc consoles! After using autoscroll once, you can no longer paste with gpm.

I have this for gpm.conf:

device=/dev/input/mouse1br
responsiveness=15
repeat_type=raw
#type=imps2
type=ps2
append="-S \"/sbin/poweroff\""

and this in XF86Config-4:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Mouse1"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "Dev Name"              "A4Tech USB Optical Mouse"
#       Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Protocol"              "evdev"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mouse1br"
        Option          "Dev Phys"              "usb-0000:00:10.1-2/input0"
        Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "6 7 4 5"
        Option          "Buttons"               "12"
EndSection