Re: seamonkey1.0

Simo Kauppi wrote:
On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 05:01:17PM -0600, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

Compiled and tried that.

Had a question about this new item:

Autoscroll support - middle clicking an empty part of a page allows for scrolling by moving the mouse (bug 304563)

If it means clicking button2 on an empty part of a page and moving the mouse to scroll, it doesn't work.

Do you have to keep button2 depressed?

Anybody tried this, it's in "What's new".

Hi,

I haven't used Mozilla, but Firefox has had it for a long time. So it
might be new for the application suite.

Anyway, in Firefox it works with the middle click. So if you have a two
button mouse, you need to have the Emulate3Buttons and click both
buttons to simulate a middle click.

HTH,
Simo

Thanks, Simo!

Funny deal: that does *not* work in Seamonkey 1.0.
But it *does* work in TBird 1.5 where I read your note.
I have a 5 button mouse with 2 wheels and indeed clicking the middle button shows a little icon and then moving the mouse moves the page.

May be a good reson to try Firefox instead of Mozilla or Seamonkey!