Re: reboot can't reboot my Debian

I redirected back to the list as this might be interesting for others ... and I don't know if I can help :(

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:51:35 +0800
linux china <chinalinux@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use 'reboot' to reboot my machine, the output message of the command is
> normal, no error message. what else info needed?

You mean by this you get all the messages about stopping services, then something like

	sending TERM signal to all processes
	sending KILL signal to all processes

and then nothing?

If you do that from X, try to shutdown X first. You will need to stop the gdm/kdm/xdm service (whichever you are using) and then issue the shutdown command from the console 'shutdown -r now'. If that doesn't work check your logs.

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)