Re: mondo 2.06 (was mondo 1.67)

Chinook wrote:
Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

With good results I have used mondo 1.67 for years.

Now suddenly, after what?, booting its CD's gets the message that the disk partitions are tiny and he won't restore anymore. No other tool, like cfdisk, etc. shows tiny partitions, all ext2, nothing new or recent.

Anybody else seen that behavior?

Apparently not.

I am using kernel 2.6.15-ck2 and Sarge

So I used the tarballs of mondo 2.06 and mindi 1.06 and my own kernel and the problem went away.

The only chnage I made was adding /usr/bin/pico in /usr/local/etc/mindi/deplist.txt to get away from vi when editing fstabe and lilo.

Does anybody know whether development of mondo is still active?

DVD-RW would be nice to have for it.

Hugo,

No problems here and I don't know of further enhancements in the works, but your versions are newer :-) Using DVDs instead of CDs isn't a problem though - it's actually separate from Mondo.

I installed cdrecord-ProDVD so I could burn the images created by Mondo to DVD, but could just as easily have Mondo create the system images in my share directory and burn it to DVD on my PMac.
My installation:
--------------------
P4 with Debian Etch (testing), kernel 2.6.12-1-686,
Gnome desktop and USB attached printer and scanner. Mondo 2.04-7 + Mindi 1.04-7, Mindi (busybox, kernel, partimagehack)
cdrecord-ProDVD: Joerg Schilling is author of cdrecord-ProDVD. This
 software is free for personal use but not free software according to the
 DFSG and therefore not part of Debian GNU/Linux.
 ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/ProDVD

PMac G5 running OS X Tiger (10.4.4)

Zeroconf LAN hardwired ethernet with the Mac and Linux box connected
to a Belkin 4 port router - printer on Linux box shared with CUPS

My notes on using Mondo
---------------------------------

CREATE SYSTEM IMAGE ON DVD(s) using root terminal

***create system iso(s)***

mondoarchive -Oi -s 4600m -N -0 -F -I / -E "/proc /tmp /root/images /root/.Trash /home/mondo /home/.Trash-root /home/leec/.Trash /home/karenc/.Trash" -d /home/mondo/images -S /home/mondo/scratch1 -T /home/mondo/scratch2

***write DVD(s)***

####### insert blank DVD before entering command #######

cdrecord-wrapper.sh -v -dao dev=/dev/hdd:1,2,0 fs=16m speed=1 /home/mondo/images/<each iso in turn>

***Verify***

boot from 1st DVD
type "compare" at promt and follow instructions

***Restore***

boot from 1st DVD and either:

1) press enter for "nuke" - recreates and restores complete system automatically

 2) enter "interactive" and make selections and follow instructions

    can also be done in live mode (regular sesion) by the cli mondorescue

 3) enter "expert" - then do your cli thing at the prompt

Thanks!!