Re: debmirror can't find public key to validate Release files

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 11:08:54AM -0500, Daniel B. wrote:
> Hans Ekbrand wrote:

> >>Nope, that doesnt work.  (There's no such package in Sarge
> >>or the Sarge security updates (unless my mirror is broken).)
> >>
> >>What else?
> >

> >get debmirror from sarge manually (not apt-get). install with dpkg.
>
> Huh?  I already have debmirror from sarge (debmirror version 200502027).
> That's the version of debmirror that is complaining about the lack of
> a public key.

OK. I thought you hade upgraded debmirror to unstable and wanted to
downgrade it to the version in sarge.

> Did you mean to download something else from Sarge?
>
> Or did you mean to download debian-archive-keyring from something
> other than Sarge?
>
> Or something else?  (Is debian-keyring (in sarge) the old name
> of the debian-archive-keyring that was referred to about, or is it
> something else?)

debian-keyring contains the public keys of all developers and the
public keys of certain roles within the debian project.

debian-archive-keyring is a small package with only the keys needed
for apt-get to work with gpg. AFAIK debian-archive-keyring does not
exist in sarge.

I don't know about debmirror, but I know what i did to get apt-get
work in unstable when the old key expired. Perhaps something like this
would work for you too?

# gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys 2D230C5F
# gpg --export -a 2D230C5F | apt-key add -

--
Linux samir 2.6.8-2-386 #1 Tue Aug 16 12:46:35 UTC 2005 i586 GNU/Linux
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>