Re: replying to list

On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 07:53:13AM -0800, Paul Johnson wrote:
>On Thursday 02 February 2006 06:17, Jon Miller wrote:
>> Is there a simple way to reply to the list when using the digest form.
>
>You have to split the digest back into it's individual messages, then
>hit reply-to-list on the appropriate message.  The only thing digest
>gets you is all the day's messages in one delivery and is only really
>useful for dialup users.  The only way to receive fewer messages from
>the list is to not subscribe to it.

If the digest is made by attaching the emails as MIME attachmnts then
there are email clients that can handle replying to an individual
attachment (i.e. to a single mail). Mutt handles that without problems.

/M

magnus@therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

I have steadily endeavored to keep my mind free, so as to give up any
hypothesis, however much beloved -- and I cannot resist forming one
on every subject -- as soon as facts are shown to be opposed to it.
     -- Charles Darwin (1809-1882)