Re: smbmount and smbclient from sid fail when connecting to sarge share

hi,

smbmount and smbclient from sid (both i386 and amd64) seem to fail to connect to our local samba server (running sarge, iirc).

smbmount //server/share mnt_point
gives me
4748: Connection to server failed
SMB connection failed

surprisingly the number changes every time this command is issued.

smbclient //server/share
just prints
SMB connection failed

i am sure it worked some time ago. i checked bugs.debian.org, but didn't find anything appropriate... it seems that there might be some conflict between the samba version on the server and on my box (?). when i try to mount the share on the sid amd64 box, it works fine...
it seems that the samba from sid cannot talk to the server running sarge (but i don't have any clue why) since downgrading smbfs to version 3.0.14-a3_sarge solved the problem...

regards,

--
Lubos
_@_"