Re: Inverse and Forward Search : This is not what I expected in TeTeX

ahmet nurlu wrote:

> I was using MikTeX and YAP previewer for my tex files
> in Windows. My editor of choice was WinEdt. Recently,
> I switced to Debian/sarge. I was expecting the  same
> functionality of inverse and forward search in TeTeX
> as in MikTeX. However what I observed in TeTeX is
> different in MikTeX.

[snip]

> In my Debian/Sarge system, I use TeTeX(ver:3.0.13) and
> Xdvi(ver:22.84.9)

Hi Ahmet,

The version of TeTeX in Sarge is 2.0.2, and the version of xdvi in Sarge
is 22.40v.  Are you using a backported Debian package (maybe from
backports.org), or a locally compiled version from TeTeX upstream?

If you are using a Debian package of some sort, I recommend that you
send the exact email you sent to debian-user as a bug report against one
of the TeTeX packages, maybe "tetex-bin".  (Set the severity to
"wishlist" or "minor" since the bug isn't incorrect behavior, it just
isn't as helpful as it could be.)  This way the TeTeX maintainers will
be much more likely to see your message and hopefully fix the problem.
If you are using a backport from backports.org or some other unofficial
source of .debs, be sure to say so in the bug report.

If on the other hand you have a locally compiled version from upstream,
probably you should send the bug report directly to the upstream TeTeX
authors.

Good luck,