Re: cvs problem (bug?): default user ignored

Hello,

Markus.Grunwald@pruftechnik.com wrote on 31.01.2006 17:36:07:

> We have a csv repository, where every file should belong to
> cvsuser.cvsgroup. This works fine for every user, except for me: If I
> check in or tag a file, that file belongs to _me_ (gru.users)
> afterwards...

Ok, I (partially) solved that problem: my password in the CVSROOT/config
was wrong (blush). So, as I read in README.Debian:

        The new PAM support changes this order to:

        CVSROOT/passwd (always checked)
        PAM (optional, enabled by default)
        /etc/passwd (optional, disabled by default)

Since cvs couldn't authenticate me with CVSROOT/passwd, it went on and
authenticated me with pam. That leads to the problem:

> Since PAM is used, too, I added that to CVSROOT/config:
> DefaultPamUser=cvsuser

I didn't change other defaults, so I should have been authenticated via
PAM, but the DefaultPamUser was ignored.
Why ?
How can I find out if PAM really was used ?
If PAM was used, it seems that the use of DefaultPamUser is buggy...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Markus Grunwald
Softwareentwicklung

PRÜFTECHNIK Condition Monitoring GmbH