Re: debmirror can't find public key to validate Release files

I wrote:

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 11:10:56AM -0500, Daniel B. wrote:

...when I try to run debmirror to keep my local mirror updated, it
says:

 [0%] Keeping: dists/sarge/Release.gpg
gpg: Signature made Sat Dec 17 05:46:27 2005 EST using DSA key ID 4F368D5D
 Release signature does not verify.

I can't tell if I deleted a key I had before (in purging and/or
re-installing some things I shouldn't have) or if upgrading debmirror
got me a version that now checks against a key I never had in the first
place.

What can I do to get debmirror working again?

apt-get install debian-archive-keyring ??

Nope, that doesnt work.  (There's no such package in Sarge
or the Sarge security updates (unless my mirror is broken).)

What else?

(I've noticed some list messages about registering keys with apt-key,
but apt-key isn't in the apt package in Sarge either.

Apparently the Sarge version of debmirror checks download files against
keys--but where do the keys go and how do I put them there _in Sarge_
(and which key do I use (the current key or the one that was current
when the current Sarge release was assembled))>?)

Daniel