Re: Installation on Dell 3100 - No Partitionable media were found

resend... forgot to reply to list instead of sender

On Wednesday 01 February 2006 12:37 pm, Andrew Goodman wrote:
> I'm trying to install Sarge 3.1 on a Dell Dimension 3100.  At the partition
> step, I get the error "No Partitionable media were found".  According the
> the BIOS setup, the controller is Serial ATA, port SATA-0, and the drive is
> a WDC WD800JD.
>
> Any thoughts on how to proceed?

When in setup, press ctrl-alt-f3 or f4 until you get an unused console
session... then modprobe the correct module(s) for the SATA controller.
Setup should find the drives and allow you to partition, however you may have
problems booting in the future because this module is not in your initrd....
use mkinitrd to add the module to your initrd.

Google should help you figure it out... search for something like "add module
to initrd"

You may also try and force setup to use a 2.6 kernel by typing linux26 at the
boot: prompt when booting the setup cd.

--
Joe